Stanley Alfred Von Medvey Jr
That's my name! I'm a storyboard artist and illustrator living in Los Angeles, working in the animation industry. I'm a space and science geek, and I read a lot. I suppose a good way to learn about someone is from their choice of reading material... so what's on my bookshelf recently?
- Starmaker - Olaf Stapledon
- Canticle for Liebowitz - Walter M. Miller
- Dune - Frank Herbert
- Aurora - Kim Stanley Robinson
- Mars Rover Curiosity: An Insider's Account from Curiosity's Chief Engineer - Rob Manning & William L. Simon
- Roadside Picnic - Arkady and Boris Strugatsky
- Engine Summer - John Crowley
- Stories of Your Life and Others - Ted Chiang
- Oil: Bolinda Beginners Guide - Vaclav Smil
- Phenomenology of Spirit - Georg Hegel
- Abundance - Peter Diamandis
- The Better Angels of Our Nature - Steven Pinker
I'm gregarious, loud, opinionated, but basically a friendly old badger that gets along with everyone. I'm a three stripe white belt in Brazillian Jiu Jitsu, I make a great pasta, and I am prone to singing and dancing at every hour of the day.
This is me in high school (on the left, I dressed that way all the time):